The design/build philosophy CLC Landscape Design was founded upon ensures that the landscape architect’s vision is installed by a team of landscape craftsmen who are specially trained in installing his or her landscape designs. We believe this same design/build philosophy extends into the maintenance of a landscape where it is important that a horticulturist will see that the plants in your landscape mature into all of the glory that was envisioned in the landscape architect’s design.
Core Fine Gardening/Horticultural Services
- Structural pruning of ornamentals: remove dead wood, remove crossing branches, promote growth of central leader, control desired shape
- Early spring shaping of evergreen trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons and azaleas)
- Early spring shaping of specific deciduous shrubs
- Midseason shaping of spring flowering shrubs (rhododendrons, azaleas, etc.)
- Removal of rogue growths (keeping plants shapely)
- Control of crowding plants
- Enhancement pruning: preemptive cutting back early in season to promote a fuller bloom later in season
- Dividing perennials and ornamental grasses
- Fertilizing of plants with pH specific fertilizer
- Pre-emergent herbicide application (kills weed seeds)
- Soil amendments (iron, etc.)
- IPM inspections (instead of spraying everything, inspecting the plants first to see which, if any, require treatment for insects, fungus, or other disease)
- Mirco-spraying: Spraying only the plants identified during the IPM inspection that require treatment for insects, fungus, or other disease
- Identification of beds being over-watered or under-watered, and adjustment of the irrigation timer
- After each visit, we leave a detailed report that will inform you of services preformed, issues discovered, and suggestions for fixing issues, when applicable
Additional Fine Gardening/Horticultural Services
- Round-Up® applications
- Raking out mushrooms when they appear
- Installing seasonal plantings (Annuals, Planters, Window Boxes, Containers)
- Installing new plantings
- Installing bulbs
- Adjusting and cleaning of landscape lights
- Small landscape projects
- Deep-root feeding (soil injected fertilizer)
- Deer repellant applications
- Wilt-pruf® applications (protect plants against winter winds)
- Pond maintenance
- Holiday decorating
- Spring and fall clean-ups
- Storm clean-ups
Fine Gardening/Horticultural Program
Our fine gardening/horticultural program offers services to clients with any budget. If you are expecting to have a party or wedding at your home, we can spend additional time preparing your landscape for the event.
Our typical client has a 2 to 5 hour visit per month from April through October.
Our clients use our fine gardening services:
As little as 1 hour per month
As much as 1 full day per week
Fine Gardening programs can be customized to any needs or goals.
Your beautiful landscape begins here...